Thursday, February 23, 2006

happy day




Today is a happy day. The oven installation guys came around 12:30. I was working on my computer when they came. They brought me my brand new oven. This is the first brand new oven I have ever had. As with many other things in my apartment, it is quirky. It is also a fan oven but at least now I have a manual to tell me what the symbols on the dials mean. I can also grill things in it and it came with a grill pan and utensil to take the pan out of the oven! The quirky thing about the oven is that the timer has to be set in order for it to work. So I now have two safety mechanisms to help me not leave the oven on.

The first thing I made in my oven was Chicago style pizza from scratch. I then made chocolate brownies. The pizza was excellent, the brownies were tasty but better the last time I made them. I forgot to take pictures of the brownies. My friend J and I just ate them. :) The best part about making dinner/baking was that I didn't have rotate my food and it cooked evenly and in the time it was supposed to!

The weather is still cold and rainy here. John says it snowed in the London area today. No pea sized hail today here. There was some on Tuesday.

No comments: