Sunday, February 05, 2006

Around the city







I know, yet more pictures of Barcelona. We really liked this city and since between the two of us we took over 400 pictures, it is kind of hard to narrow them down to just a couple posts. :) Oh, and John wants me to tell everyone that he took the pictures of the Patisserie on his camera.

These pictures are around the city. Since the others were of specific "attractions," we thought that we/I should post some of the city in general since it is also really interesting. I actually labeled these pictures so if you click on one, its label will tell you where it was taken.

During this trip, I realized something about my camera. Well, actually a few things about my camera and photography. First, falling rain in a relatively dark environment played with the light to create an interesting effect on the pictures. I actually already knew this to some extent since light movement creates fun effects in pictures. However, I wasn't sure if my camera would pick up the differences or how it would look. I have decided that I like it.

The second thing I realized is that I need to set the ISO when taking night pictures. I had the camera set to auto ISO which means that the pixels per space are larger so that the shutter can go faster. Hence, grain or noise, as it's called in digital photography. The same would be true of a film camera since the camera was acting like I had 1600 speed "film" in it. Oh well, I still like the pictures and next time I will set the ISO and bring a tripod or my monopod. It was really hard to take clear pictures at night (dark and rainy with slow shutter) and at times my camera wouldn't take the shots even when set on manual focus because the computer sensors couldn't register a subject.

No comments: