Saturday, January 14, 2006

weather

John and I are going to Barcelona for a long weekend in a couple weeks. When looking up the weather forcast for the month and averages, I noticed that weather.com also posted the length of the day for Dublin and Barcelona. John did more searching for me for Chicago. Anyway, here is the weather information for tomorrow for the three cities:

Chicago:
hours of sunlight: 9 1/2
Forecast high: 40 F
Forecast low: 30 F

Dublin:
hours of sunlight: 8 hours, 3 minutes
Forecast high: 48 F
Forecast low: 38 F

Barcelona
Hours of sunlight: 9 hours, 32 minutes
Forecast high: 53 F
Forecast low: 42 F

This hour and a half difference in sunlight between Chicago and Dublin could explain why I am having trouble adjusting back to the earlier darkness. I got used to an extra 1 1/2 hours of sunlight while I was home and I want it back.

It has also been rainy and dreary here. It was grey while home but not nearly as dark as here. I guess spring really is starting. When it is gray and raining, I remind myself that the actual amount of rainfall per year is higher in Chicago. It may rain more days here (not sure but guessing), but Chicago gets more quantity of precipitation. I don't know which is better...

No comments: