Monday, January 23, 2006

lasagna

Last night I made lasagna and garlic bread. They were quite tasty. There were two pieces of lasagna and one piece of garlic bread left over so I took some for lunch today. Everyone in the staff room was very interested in my lasagna. They all asked how I made it, what cheeses I put in it, why, and why the noodles were so wide. I explained that that is how lasagna is made. They didn't seem to understand. I finally explained that the noodles are wide so that they can form a layer for the fillings. They seemed happy with this answer. They were also amazed that I made my own sauce for it and confused as to how I would do this. I tried to explain that it was actually quite simple. They didn't believe me.

I guess my lunch was just much better than the sandwiches they all ate. I just felt a bit like an anomaly since it seemed like none of them had seen lasagna made this way before. Granted it is different than they make it in the restaurants but not that different.

No comments: