Wednesday, January 11, 2006

spring is coming

Today as I was leaving work about 5:45, I heard at least two birds chirping. It was dark out and felt like winter, but the birds were chirping. I also heard some birds last week. Surely that is a sign of spring, right? The weather today was coldish. I think the high was about 40 Degrees F and the low about 30. When I looked at the weather this evening, weather.com said that it felt like 32 degrees. The highs this week are in the middle 40s. That is warmer, I think. Spring officially starts Feb. 1st I am told. The seasons aren't based on the soltices here. I still think that is strange but I guess it is just different. Actually, since the weather is getting better, I think I like it. But more importantly, it is getting lighter longer. It isn't as dark at 8:30 when I am walking the dog/going to work and it isn't totally dark until 4:45ish (was 4:00 in Dec.).

No comments: