Monday, January 23, 2006

Changes in my social life

Since I moved here, there have been many changes to my social life, which some of you who know me have probably figured out. First, I go out A LOT more. I also go to the pub more and drink more often than I have since I was 22! OK, I also go out with people younger than myself, like 22-25 who are still drinking a lot. But seriously, there really is more of a culture of going out drinking here. Like many smaller towns, the social centers here are the pubs. People don't seem to go hang out at other people's houses. I wonder if part of the reason is that we all rent and most of my mates don't like their roommates that much. I like to have people over and want to start having dinner parties and game nights but that seems out of place here. People don't have parties at their houses here, or at least not my mates. People do like my cooking, though. :) Overall, I like the changes in my social patterns but it does get tiring and expensive. I am remembering why I become more of a home body back home.

No comments: