Sunday, January 22, 2006

good weekend

I had a good weekend. I don't really want to go to work tomorrow, I'd like my weekend to continue. On Friday, J and I went out to dinner at Toscana. It was yummy as usual and I had part of my meal boxed up to take home. I had ordered cheesy garlic bread and only ate one of the two pieces and asked them to wrap the other one. When I unwrapped my garlic bread on Sat to eat it, there were two pieces. :) The waiter gave me a fresh order!

When we got back from Toscana, my landlord and a handyman were in my (very messy) apartment trying to figure out what was wrong with my water heater which I had told her wasn't working properly earlier in the day. She is very effecient. A plumber is supposed to come out tomorrow to work on it!

Ok, back to Friday. My friend Cot got a different job so she had a little drinking night out at the Porterhouse North. This is a different Porterhouse than I go to. It is about a 10 minute bus ride but 40 minute walk away. Anyway, a few people showed up and we had a lot of fun. We even got a free drink because Cot knew someone who was there for a company party and got free drinks he wasn't using so he gave us some! Happy days! E and I also decided that Cot should do a shot. I don't know where we got this idea from. I think it was her idea and because she is only 22. :) So we drank a lot, talked a lot and danced a little. It was an excellent night.

On Saturday, John and I slept in and relaxed. I got my hair cut Saturday morning. That will be a different post. :) I like my haircut, though. So we relaxed most of the day and then J sent a text asking if we wanted to go to the local later. Of course we did so we went for dinner and left about 11:00. We then came back home and the three of us chatted and played a game of Fluxx. It is a brilliant game but confusing at times since the rules change constantly.

On Sunday, we slept in again. Not too late today, though. I vacuumed the floor, mopped, and cleaned the bathroom. Then we went grocery shopping. Just after we got home and I was about to start making the lasagna, J buzzed and I invited her to stay for dinner. She did and we had lasagna and garlic bread. Then instead of walking the dog, I offered to make dessert. John agreed and I made very rich chocolate brownies.

So, it was a good weekend. Good food, friends, good conversation. No exercise, which would have probably made it perfect. 4 days until we go to Barcelona. Oh, and John is taking this week off work so I get to see him every day for over a week!

No comments: