Monday, January 09, 2006

Early bird special

Today I got home, walked the dog, and was settling in for the evening when my friend J buzzed and asked if I wanted to get dinner. Since we were both were in the mood for Italian, we went to Toscana. They have an early bird special that ends at 6:30. We decided to try to share one of the early bird three course meals for 20 Euro even though it was 6:40. The waiter lets us do it and I think brought us bigger portions of the bruscetta and pasta. The bruscetta had so much garlic that I can still feel it in my mouth! I haven't had that much garlic in a long time. I hope that the taste in my mouth goes away by tomorrow morning. The food was excellent, though and we each got 3 courses for 12 Euro including tip (we tipped well since the waiter let us share and have the early bird)

No comments: