Thursday, May 24, 2007

Yarn!




While in Paris, we focussed on sightseeing. We didn't get to do much shopping even though we did walk down one of the main shopping streets. In preparation for the trip, I sent out an email asking my knitting list serve if they knew of any good yarn shops in Paris. I got one message back suggesting a few places. We made it to one of them and it was wonderful. The colors of the yarns were so vibrant and the staff let us look as long as we wanted. After we selected our yarn (we got two: an alpaca and a bamboo), we told the sales person what we wanted and he went in back and wound it for us in the weight we wanted! It was quite impressive and I am looking forward to knitting with the bamboo. It is so soft and feels like silk. I have to finish my niece's poncho, first, though.

Although we weren't supposed to take pictures in the yarn store, we did. Actually, John did. I was having too much fun feeling all the yarns and looking at the sample items. :)

No comments: