Saturday, May 26, 2007

Eiffel Tower,part 2










Since we didn't go up the tower on Sunday, we went back Monday night after our sightseeing. I was tired and didn't really want to go. But, I had said I wanted to go up the tower at night so we were going up at night. So, we got to the tower, got our tickets and got in line. We didn't have to wait too long for the first level and had to switch elevators to get to the top. We waited and waited and waited once again. It was quite windy on the tower and cold. I was really glad that I wasn't in a skirt like the day before.

So, finally we got up to the top and it was surrounded in plastic so we could see the views and had no wind. However, we couldn't take pictures. So, we figured out how to go up one more level and the views were quite impressive. While we were on the top of the tower, the flashy lights went off. It was far more impressive to see it from the ground than on the tower. Once I was done taking pictures, we then figured out how to get the two elevators down and left.

Once at the bottom, John asked me if I wanted to take a taxi or the train. I said taxi and then changed my mind. So, we headed off through the green area towards the train station. On our way, we saw a statue that he wanted to look at. The name on it was Jeoffre. I stood up on one of the steps leading up to the platform and he turned me to face him and we started dancing. The next thing I knew, John was down on one knee looking up at me (which was a long way since I was standing on a stair) saying, "Honey will you marry me?" I was shocked and hugged him and (I'm told) immediately said, "yeah."

6 comments:

laurie said...

wow! how romantic. congratulations! now that you've seen paris, what's left for the honeymoon?

Anonymous said...

Did you remember to take a picture of Jeoffre? Did you get one of Jeoffre with either you or John?

Heidirific said...

In our excitement, the last thing I thought about was a picture of the statue. It doesn't matter anyway because we can remember the Eiffel Tower as the spot of our engagement and the way John asked was far more private. :)

Heidirific said...

Oh, Laurie, we are debating our options for the honeymoon but New Zealand is the front runner right now! We aren't sure if we will have enough time off (well, John may not, I do) to go that far, though. I am also thinking Brazil or an African safari could be fun. There are just so many options. :)

laurie said...

what a fun adventure you have ahead of you! i'm happy for you.

we kept our wedding very simple--a very simple long white dress that was not a wedding dress; we walked over to the park with our dogs and friends and got married outside, and then had a huge party in our back yard.

try not to stress--those wedding magazines can be very stress-inducing--and try to make it as FUN for yourself as you can.

Anonymous said...

A late congratulations, but still... a Big Congratulations to you both ! What a lovely story, the dancing and, tower and Paris sounds so romantic. I hope you both continue to have a happy and wonderful life together. Best wishes for the day.