Saturday, May 26, 2007

Eiffel Tower,part 1










While in Paris, we saw the Eiffel tower popping out from trees, other buildings, and such almost everywhere we went. When I fist saw it in the distance, I thought it was one of the ugliest buildings that I have seen. It was just this metal tower and didn't look impressive at all.

After we went to Versailles, we stopped at the Eiffel tower stop so that I could see it at night like my coworkers suggested. When we got there, the tower looked far different. It was massive and had some sort of beauty to it. Since it wasn't' dark yet, we went to find dinner and came back. When we came back from dinner, it still wasn't very dark and I realized that the battery was almost dead on my camera. Therefore, we just sat on the green watching it get dark and took pictures until the battery died.

As we were leaving, we looked back and noticed that there were all kinds of flashy lights on the tower. John had read that the tower was lit up for 10 minutes an hour so we figured this was what the guidebook meant. It was really neat to see the tower look like a flashing Christmas tree.

No comments: