Friday, October 27, 2006

Signs of Winter

This week, I have noticed that it is getting dark considerably sooner than it was even last week. There were a couple of days that I came home in the dark and the latest I worked was 7:00 PM. This morning, I left the apartment at 7:40 AM. It was dark out. While on the train, I got to see the sun rise. I cannot remember the last time I saw a sunrise. Sunset, yes, sunrise, no. It was quite pretty coming over the water. I wasn't very happy that I was awake before the sun rose, though.

There have been other signs of winter here lately. First, the leaves are changing color and falling off the trees. I know that is really a sign of autumn but autumn means that winter is coming. Another sign is the temperature variation throughout the day. The mornings and evenings are fairly cold as I have been wearing a scarf. The daytime can still be comfortable, but I have had to turn the heat on at night.

This year I am sort of looking forward to winter. I like to wear my thick sweaters/jumpers and it is nice to have a soft scarf wrapped around your neck. I also like my long winter coat. I only hope that Christmas is snowy this year at home so I can truly have a white one, unlike last year where the snow melted a couple days before Christmas.

No comments: