Monday, October 16, 2006

Ahh, navigationally challenged

I had a 9:00 AM meeting far away. Well, not that far but far enough. Since I didn't know of any bus routes going to where I needed to go to, I hopped in a taxi. I told the driver where I needed to go. Well, first I gave him the wrong name of where I was going. I corrected myself on that but had the wrong neighborhood of the suburb. So, we are driving around and making some wrong turns because I am directionally challenged and don't know where I am going even though I have been to this place numerous times already.

So, we are driving around and the taxi driver decides to ask someone. The guy we asked had never heard of where I was going. We end up at a place that the driver thought was where I was going but it wasn't. The taxi driver again asks where the place I want to go is and we get vague directions. After asking another person, we finally find the place. However, the taxi driver pulled into the side so I didn't recognize it at first. He gave me his card and asked me to ring him to tell him that it was the right place so he wasn't just leaving me in the middle of nowhere.

Thankfully, it was the place and I went in to have my meeting and I was only 10 minutes late. That meant that the meeting hadn't started yet. After my meeting, I had a cup of tea. Shortly after I got my tea, all the staff left. I was lone with the person I met with. So, I was sitting in silence drinking my tea. And we don't get along that well since we have very different ideas of how things should work and what different people's responsibilities are. Then in walks a priest. He had a laptop with him and showed the person I met with some ads that he had seen in Germany. He explained what the pictures/drawings on the ads meant. The person I met with seemed a bit uncomfortable during this interaction, possibly because the priest was making a couple off color comments. There was one add that the priest didn't understand. It was for airfare to Koln. I thought that he didn't know where Koln was so I said where it was. He then said that he didn't know what the picture meant. I said most likely the Cathedral. After telling one more story, the priest left.

No comments: