Wednesday, October 11, 2006

In a fun day's work

I thought that I would post a fun story about being a speech/language therapist. As part of therapy for a client, we experimented with different foods and played with food. One session, I brought in bananas and whipped cream. We mashed a part of the banana with our hands and then tried to get the student to taste it. Then we decided that we should put whipped cream on our hands and mix it in with the banana.

I squirted out a bit of whipped cream from the can and rubbed it on my hands. I really didn't like the feel of it but I did it. Then we put some on the client's hands. And he clapped. This sprayed whipped cream all over. We then decided to spray some on the plate. The student had a difficult time getting the cream to spray out so I decided to see what happened if the can was upright. No, I had never sprayed a whipped cream can upright before. Well, a bit of cream squirted up and then some air came out. When the student did this, the can kept spraying cream out. It was in our hair. It was on our clothes. It was on the table. It was on my glasses. It was on the floor! Everywhere! After spraying the cream all over, we played a bit with it and then cleaned up.

No comments: