Sunday, January 20, 2008

Good weekend

As I mentioned in a previous post, I got Dragon NaturallySpeaking for Christmas. Since then, I've been playing around with it and using it to make my blog posts. So if you've noticed a few more typos or strange grammar, that's why. Overall, I quite like it. As I use the program more, it learns how I speak and gets more accurate. However it still makes some mistakes. Many of the mistakes are homophones, words that sound the same but are spelled differently. So below are two paragraphs. The first one is a corrected paragraph. The second one is going to be the mistakes that dragon NaturallySpeaking makes.

On Friday, Yvonne texted me to see if I was going to the knitting group on Saturday. I wasn't planning on it but she finished her sweater and was going to bring it. I really want to see it and she wanted me to take pictures of it for her. So I had to go right? After the group, we went to do a little bit of shopping and running errands. We went to Debenhams to see if I could find a dress to wear to a ball I am going to in April. First we went to the old Roches building, or the store I like to call RochHams. They didn't have any dresses that would work so we went to the other Debenhams store. Upon arriving at the store, there were signs all over the windows that the store must close the 23rd of January! We had a look inside, but it was far too chaotic for us to stay. Therefore, we went and got smoothies and I took pictures of Yvonne in her beautiful sweater.

On Saturday night, we had some friends over for dinner. I made Mexican food for them, and it was good to see them and check back and catch up on things. I'll allow it was a good night. Today, I decided that we needed to go venture out into the end of the sales. On Friday, I had seen that clear he's had her point glass on sale. Therefore, we went and bought me of Oz. We also got a picture frame and a vocal blanket from the company shop. When we were done shopping. We went to the whiskey shop and got some wine.

Here's a corrected version of the above paragraph. On Saturday night, we had some friends over for dinner. I made Mexican food for them, and it was good to see them and chat and catch up on things. All in all it was a good night. Today, I decided that we needed to venture out into the sales. On Friday, I had seen that Clery's had Jerpoint glass on sale. Therefore, we went and bought me a vase. We also got a picture frame and an Avoca blanket from the Kilkenny shop. When we were done shopping, we went to the Whiskey Shop and got some wine.

No comments: