Sunday, January 06, 2008

Catching Up





About a month and a half ago, our friend J moved. While we were home for Christmas, we got to have lunch with her. Since she moved to a new area of the country (which happens to be where John and I grew up), we decided to get her a few things that represented the state that she now lives in. We got her a cheese head, some cheese, and a few things to pamper herself. When it was time to go because John and I needed to drive to our next meal, we gave J the rest of her present which was a wide variety of local beers. As you can see, we went a little overboard because the box was a bit difficult for her to carry since there was so much beer in it! The other day she called to tell me that we did an excellent job choosing the beer because all the ones she tried are excellent. She's quite happy about this because she hasn't had much good beer since she left Ireland.

Awhile back someone suggested that I get written permission to post people's pictures on my blog. Therefore J wrote out a permission slip on the back of a receipt (without me asking). :) So, at her request, here are some pictures from our afternoon of good food and good friends and good beer. It was great to see J at look forward to seeing her again soon.

1 comment:

Jannele said...

I miss you guys so much!!! Okay maybe I'm a little weepy eyed because I had a beer and a half (still left from your pressie). What can I say??? My tolerance level isn't the same since I moved back to America. I miss our time at the Porterhouse in Dublin. I can't wait for you two come back home and hang out with me again!!!