Saturday, January 05, 2008

Christmas knitting






This summer, I decided to make a couple Christmas presents for some family members. I made scarves for my sister-in-law and her daughter. I also made my niece K a hat and scarf set to go with the poncho that I made for her this spring for her birthday.

In October, I made a very energetic list of things I wanted to knit for my friends and family. In November, I started seriously knitting. And I knit and knit and knits until Christmas and even a bit after. I think I managed to get about half of my original goal done. All in all, I think I did pretty well since the list was quite unrealistic.

In October I made two scarves I think (only took pictures of the red and white one). In November, I knit my niece a small blanket. In December, I finished three hats (only took a picture of one since I gave them away a day or two after finishing them), a pair of socks for John, started a pair of socks for my dad, made a scarf (it will get a post of it's own since it isn't Christmas knitting), and a pair of fingerless gloves. On the plane ride back to Dublin, I started a new scarf for a friend of mine. I think I'll have the scarf done either this weekend or early next week. Then I need to finish the socks for my dad, a pair of socks for John's niece, and I can get started on new projects for myself. John got me some very pretty yarn the day after Christmas, and I'm hoping to make a cardigan out of it. However, I'm not sure if we got enough yarn while we were home so I had my sister go back to the yarn shop and get more. After I get the yarn from her, I should definitely have enough for a sweater.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

They all look great, I love the cat picture.