Saturday, November 10, 2007

Small world again

Today I had to take Darshin to the vet. He was sick earlier in the week and I had to take him back to get checked out again. Anyway, as soon as Darshin got into the vet's office, he started growling. He did this last time, too. We waited for a while and the dogs all went into the vet and later a couple with two cats came in.

The woman was wearing a brightly colored jumper/sweater and I thought that I recognized the colors of it. I looked at her a bit more and looked at the sweater and decided that it definitely looked hand knit. She was very outgoing and chatted a bit about our cats. She let one of her cats out and look around the waiting room. When the cat got back into the cage, she commented that the carrier was broken and she was using a knitting needle to hold it shut! I then asked her if she made her sweater and what yarn it was. It turned out that she got her yarn from This is Knit down in Blackrock which is also my local yarn shop. We chatted a bit more and then it was my turn to go in to the vet with Darshin. On my way in, she asked to exchange numbers. When I was done with the vet, the receptionist got the knitter and she gave me her number. It turns out that she sometimes goes to one of the knitting groups that I go to as well!

No comments: