Friday, November 16, 2007

A day in the life

Today I woke up, got dressed, and went to work. I thought that I should look nice for work today since I had something during the day, but I thought about the clients that I would see before that and that I am sick and decided, nah, go for comfort. Anyway, I left the house and walked to the bus stop.

I waited at the bus stop for about 15 minutes, about 10 minutes longer than usual because there is a bus strike happening and some of the buses aren't running. This means fewer choices for me (but luckily still have choices and not a taxi or walking to/from work). So, I get on the bus and look out the window. One of the first things that I notice is a woman running down the street. And her dress was quite low cut and her breasts were bouncing. Oops, one fell out! We pass her and then I noticed the Jesus statue standing on a base that looks like the EU emblem (often notice this and wonder why it is in downtown Dublin and why it was created to begin with). The sculpture is under Plexiglas so it can't get wet or graffiti on it.

I get to work and get ready for my day. It was a good morning. I wasn't the recipient of any challenging behavior. Later in the day I was the recipient of a token of appreciation. That made me feel really special and appreciated. It was also quite unexpected.

Eventually, it was time for me to go home. Again, I waited for the bus. Of course it was full (they have been much more full with the bus strike) and a little boy gave me his seat! He stood near his mother and let me have the seat that he was sitting in. It was so sweet. He was an adorable little boy, too. I got off at my stop and started to walk home. I stopped at the grocery store to get a few things. On my walk to the apartment, I saw this big group of guys. They all had black t-shirts on and they also had some glow in the dark writing on the back. Each shirt said something different but it was obviously a stag party. The bachelor was wearing a white shirt and a little skirt thing. While walking behind them, one of the guys calls out something and they all start jumping on each other's backs for piggy back rides and then trying to race of some sort. It was quite the sight to see grown men jump on each other's backs (up to three of them) and then try to run!

Now I am safely home, looking forward to a nice quiet evening of being home snuggled under the blanket. Maybe I'll make some dinner, maybe I'll try to convince John to bring home dinner...

No comments: