Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Kilkenny town






Kilkenny markets itself as a medieval town and we really like medieval towns. I love tall buildings with narrow passageways, preferably that wind around. Therefore, the idea of Kilkenny appealed to us and I wasn't disappointed. The city itself is wonderful (although pretty small). There are old buildings, ruins of buildings, and narrow streets. The only thing that I found a bit strange was that the pubs stopped serving food before dinner in the evening. I wanted pub grub one night but the pubs that we went to had all stopped serving food. However, we did find a couple nice places to have pints and just enjoy the day.

Since we felt we had seen the city in a day, it also served as a good base to see other things in the area. I have to say, it was really nice to have a car for the weekend and not have to worry about how to get to places and public transport schedules...

No comments: