Monday, October 08, 2007

A bit early

After I left work today, I decided to stop into Penny's to look for some Halloween items for my autumn lesson tomorrow. I wandered around downstairs looking for a white sheet and what did I see but Christmas decorations! Yes, I said Christmas decorations. Wrapping paper, Christmas crackers, decorations. Lots of Christmas stuff. But no Halloween things. Last week, the staff in one of my sites were collecting for their Christmas party.

Now, I understand that Christmas is a big holiday, but it isn't even Halloween yet. Besides, Halloween is a fun holiday where you get to put out all sorts of silly things like witches and ghosts and ghouls. Autumn is such a wonderful season and is so pretty. Why can't it be celebrated as well. I mean, over two months for Christmas stuff just seems like a bit much to me. (and yet, I have started knitting Christmas presents but that is because they will take time...)

No comments: