Saturday, October 06, 2007

Hurray!

This has been a productive weekend. This morning, I learned about making jumpers/sweaters (and other things, too) from the top down. It was interesting and we started a baby cardigan which I am going to give to a mate who is due late December. After getting home, I showed John the progress I made on the mistake rib scarf I started when we were in Berlin (yes, the beginning of August). I had put it aside for a while because I wasn't sure of how I wanted the colors to work in the design. Once I figured that out, and it got cold, I started working on it and have been knitting it in knitting groups and on the train. Anyway, I showed him the progress and he asked why I didn't finish it since I only had a couple rows left. I explained I stopped knitting because it was my stop. I then finished it. :) This evening, I wove in the ends and have my first scarf for me! John is teasing me that it is his, but it is mine. All mine. I will show pictures after I get the "set" done as there is going to be a fingerless gloves, hat, and scarf set. I am excited to start on the gloves as they will get used as soon as they are off the needles.

Anyway, after getting back from going to the food festival in Marlay Park, I worked on the scarf/wrap that I started back in May. It was supposed to be a going away present for a friend. She left in July. Anyway, I finished it! I am really excited about it it and people who have seen it have said it is really pretty. I still have to weave in the ends but I am really happy with the design (I designed it myself). It is my first real design and I haven't even finished an item with following a pattern without modifications! I already have plans to make more of the wrap/scarf and have made notes of how to change it to make it into a wrap. Lisa said that she would help me write up the pattern/chart as I don't know how to make a chart (and have never read one).

Now, I only have two things on my needles! One is the sock that I started this week (and just learned how to make in the last couple weeks) and the other is the cardigan from today's class. I need to cast on a "mindless" project for the knitting groups...

No comments: