Thursday, February 15, 2007

Munchen






To celebrate John's birthday, I took him to Munich for a long weekend. The weather was cold but not too bad. We had a good time and saw some sites. I also got to see where John spent a lot of his time (the bar) when he studied in Munich during college. I think Munich would be better in the summer, but it was still wonderful in the winter.

While there, we spent a lot of time in Bier Halls. We went to one everyday! I drank radler (lemonade beer) and John drank a variety of beers. I also ate a variety of foods. John ate mostly sausage. For his birthday, we went to a fairly nice place, the Ratskeller. It is in the basement of the Rathaus (the city hall) and was interesting inside. For dessert, John got apple fritters. Since it was his birthday, I asked the waiter to put a candle in it. It came back with a sparkler type thing! I sang happy birthday to him and then it died out. I didn't get to take a picture of it.

No comments: