Monday, February 05, 2007

Harrods



Harrods is a London tradition so of course I had to go there. John, being the wonderful boyfriend that he is, humored me. We were intending to spend a couple hours there at the most and then go to an art museum. However, I saw that they had an old map collection/area so we went in. While we were debating whether or not we should ask to see any maps from Germany/Prussia from the time my family emigrated from Germany, one of the salespeople approached us. He asked if we wanted to see anything so we did. We spent a couple hours looking at old maps and trying to find the town my father's family lived in. We didn't find it but we saw some pretty impressive maps. I felt a little bad that we didn't buy one but they were expensive (but had authenticity papers) and I wasn't sure what my dad would want.

After looking at the maps and pet section, we had lunch at the tapas place. We then bought chocolates and candy to take to my coworkers. That was about all I could afford there!

No comments: