Wednesday, February 21, 2007

HIking around






While at Neuschwanstein, we did a bit of hiking even though the trails were closed. The day that we went to the castle was dreary and rainy. It had also been cold so there was snow and ice on the trails. Undaunted, we still trekked on. We really wanted to get to the bridge that gives the best views of the castle. Finally, we made it to the bridge and it was a wonderful view.

On the way back, it started to rain more. The trails got slipperier. At one point, John was holding onto the railing on the trail in order to keep from falling. At another point when we were going downhill, we got to a particularly icy patch. I could feel myself falling so I sat down on the ice and bum shuffled over to the side that wasn't as icy. We then hiked on down to the bottom.

Towards the bottom of the trail, we found a scarf that looked hand knitted. We picked it up to take it to the ticket center. However, the ticket centre was closed by the time we got there so we ended up bringing it back with us. I feel bad that I have someone's scarf but I didn't want to leave it on the trail.

No comments: