Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Addicted





I took a knitting class at This is Knit in Blackrock on the 20th of January. During the class, we learned how to cast on and do one stitch: the garter stitch. Our first project was a scarf. Last night I learned how to cast off and then weaved the tail ends of the yarn into the scarf. Hence, I have my first finished project! I am quite proud of it even though there are some mistakes in it. I gave the scarf to John because he wanted my first project.

On Monday, I cast on a new project: a baby blanket. It is going to be purple, cream and turquoise. I am knitting a purple section right now. I'm not using a pattern, I just have an idea in my head of how I want it to look and how big it will be. I also have about a month to get it done since my friend is going on maternity leave then.

Since I learned, I have been knitting almost every day. I didn't take it with me to London but I thought about the scarf. Apparently I also dreamt about the scarf some nights because I talked about it in my sleep! When I am on my way home from work, my hands start "itching" for lack of a better word. They long for the feel of the yarn and needles! The cats do pretty well with the yarn, also. Tiffin frequently sits on my lap (and yarn) while I knit. Both attack the needles a bit but then stop and just watch me knit.

2 comments:

tangelled angel said...

Your first FO looks really good! You must be a true addict if you are dreaming about it and we all know what that itchy hand syndrome feels like!Welcome to the knitty madness!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the lovely scarf, it looks great and is such a terrific colour.

Looking forward to seeing your next project.