Thursday, August 10, 2006

The tower

As you may have noticed from the previous pictures of the Koln cathedral, it has a few very high towers. I paid the 2 Euro to climb the open one. The stairway was very narrow and I got dizzy at times. However, I was well rewarded once I got to the top. Once I got most of the way up, I got to see the bell room. It was interesting to see the huge main bell and then the smaller bells near it. I couldn’t get a good picture of the room because I don’t have a wide enough angle lens. On the way down, we had to wait a bit for a group of people to come up. The stairway was so narrow that really one person could climb at a time and the other had to move out of the way. At one point, I had been stopped for a while to let a lot of people through. A lady then asked me in (American) English to keep moving in a really snotty voice. I told her that I needed to wait since I was on a particularly narrow part and the people in front of me had stopped. And people wonder how Americans get a bad name…











No comments: