Wednesday, September 07, 2005

football and what I miss

Today I took the train home from work. When I got off at my stop, I saw a car full of football fans dressed in Irish jerseys. Ireland played France as I discovered on our walk with Caineal. Anyway, in this one car, there were about 15-20 guys wearing jerseys and one guy led the rest of the people in a chear for Ireland. It was funny because I could hear the chant from outside the car with the doors closed. Some of the commuters joined in the cheering for Ireland 2 hours (at least) before the game began. None of them had their faces painted, which reassured me that they were energetic but not overzealous. :)

So I have been thinking about the things I miss (not people, I miss lots of people) and here is a list:
Darshin (who I get to see in a month)
Crab Rangoons
Wide rice noodles
Mexican food
Target
Shopping at 9:00 PM any day I want (stores close at 6:00 usually except TH when they close at 9:00)
The Oakton produce Market
The availability of real apple pie
Black beans
The Spice House
The Aveda store
Good online banking
Real Broadband (not DSL they call broadband so I have to have a phone to get internet)

No comments: