Friday, September 30, 2005

Argos

So John said that I had to write about Argos in my next post so I am going to do that. Argos is a catalog based company that sells a lot of different stuff. Their catalog is about 2 inches thick! They only have a catalog, not really a show room or store per say. So, you look through their catalog, write down the item numbers of the things you want, wait (que) in line to tell the cashier and either pay for it or order it. Some things they have they don't keep in stock at the warehouse, they have to order them from another warehouse. This is why I had to wait a few days to get my cat climber and litter box. The quality of their stuff isn't great but it is affordable. If I was planning on settling here for the rest of my life, I probably wouldn't buy that much from them but for two years, their stuff is fine. For those of you who know Ikea, it is kind of like Ikea without a showroom. Argos sells furniture, household stuff, tools, jewelry, and some toys/gifts. One of my friends here is boycotting them because they are not well organized and their database of whether things are in stock or not (you can check before you buy it/go to the cashier) isn't always accurate. You frequently have to wait up to 30 minutes after you pay for your stuff until you get it and she doesn't like that. I don't mind because I have lowered my expectations of customer service since I have been here. I don't expect service anymore and am happy when I get it. That cuts down on a lot of frustration.

So today was a pretty good day. It was warmer, probably in the mid to lower 60s and rained a bit. It is cold and windy now but it gets a fair bit colder at night. It is definately autumn here. On my way home, I was the only person on the bus the whole way! I have never been on a bus all by myself before. It was nice, especially since it was an extra long bus. The bus itself was newer and much nicer than most. I think people didn't get on it because it only went to city center and not further south. I don't care since I live in city centre. :)

Tonight John and I saw Cinderella Man. Yes, it finally came out here. It was a really good movie. I kind of knew the ending but it was still really good. A new Rocky.

Darshin arrives tomorrow. He has left for the airport and should be getting on a plane in a couple of hours! I can't wait to see him and "torment" him. :)

No comments: