Saturday, September 17, 2005

Eddie Rockets/what I like

Today we were out walking and were hungry and decided to go to Eddie Rockets. It looked like an American diner and we thought it would be like Johnny Rockets. So, we got "milkshakes" and ate dinner. The food was ok, actually pretty close to stanard diner food. The milkshakes were OK, a little thin and tasted a little like fake chocolate. The burgers (I had a veggie burger) had tons and tons of weird tasting mayo on them. The mayo part was not so great but I scraped mine off.

Last night we went to an Italian place. It was pretty good and we saw two hen parties out while we were out.

So, there are a bunch more things that I miss from home. They are
American sized refrigerators (mine is the size of a large dorm fridge)
Large grocery stores
Real chocolate to use for baking
Places to buy Danskos (my shoes that I love)


So that is more of what I miss. I have also been thinking about what is better here or what I like here.
Good chocolate candy bars (huge ones) for pretty cheap (less than a Euro and they are bigger than the big Hershey bars)
Some good Italian places
8 bank holidays that I don't have to work
Massages are cheaper here than at home 
There is a pretty good bus system (by American standards)
The sea is only a 15 minute train ride away
I can walk to the sea but it isn't pretty where I can walk to it
The Guiness is better
Lots of castles and old churches
Lots of history to learn about

No comments: