Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Preparation

As Coastal Aussie noticed, we are leaving Dublin, in 3 weeks! Well, that's how long I have anyway. So, in 3 short (or long) weeks, our European adventure will be coming to an end. People keep asking me how I feel about leaving. To be honest, I really haven't thought about it. I am happy that I am going to get to see my family and friends at home more often. But I am sad that I am leaving friends that I have made here. We are also going to miss the travel. There are a lot of things that I will miss about living in Dublin and have grown a lot and learned a lot in the three years we've been here.

There are also a lot of preparations to be made. We have to clear out our apartment. Man, we have acquired a lot of stuff in 3 years! So, now we get to go through everything and decide if we want to try to keep it, sell it, or donate it. Do we really need this paperwork or that? It is like a three year memory trip. It is also a really strange feeling to be selling off things that you have accumulated over three years. It is different to me to sell/get rid of things that you don't want anymore. These are things that are perfectly fine and I would be happy to continue using if we were living here but it costs more to ship than to replace and I have a the originals sitting in my sister's basement, just waiting for me to return home and collect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What surprising news ! Best of luck with the move back home. I don't envy you the sorting and packing. I think you'd been in Dublin for six months when I first started reading along with your blog.