Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm so lucky

Moving country makes me more reflective than normal. As I am "closing down" my caseload and saying goodbye to people, I keep realizing that I am really lucky. I am lucky that I have met people here in Ireland that I am going to miss a lot (one of them has plans to visit already!). I have met a great group of women who get together weekly to talk about anything going on in life or just chat. It is amazing girl bonding time and exactly what I was missing in my life. There's just nothing like girlfriends.

I am also lucky that I am going home to some amazing people. We have a friend who was willing to look at apartments for us, not once but three times and help us chose a place to live. That also makes us twice as lucky: we have friends we trust enough to help decide where we should live! Then I have another friend who is willing to take a cut in rent to give us what appears to be an amazing place to live.

It is when people really come through for me that I wonder how I got to be so lucky. Whatever the reason, however it happened, I am so grateful and happy it did!

No comments: