Sunday, March 09, 2008

Planning and more planning

People keep asking me how the wedding planning is going. I didn't really think about it for most of Jan or Feb this year. It was nice to not think about the wedding. Now, it seems like there is some work to do again. However, I think that we have most of it done! I am happy to think that. I am probably missing a quite a few things but the online checklists all say that the planning is on track.

Things done so far:
  • Wedding dress is ordered and has arrived! (I can't see it though since it is in a different country!)
  • Bridesmaid dresses are ordered (thanks to my sister on that one)
  • We have our reception site and have done our tasting. Therefore, our menu is set!
  • We've decided on our cake
  • We have the church booked and the pastor to do the ceremony
  • We have the friend who is going to do a solo during the ceremony lined up
  • We have a person for the ceremony music
  • We have ideas on invitations
  • We have ideas on the rehearsal dinner location
  • I have started trying to tone my arms and am doing cardio 1-2 times a week and getting back into shape (as is John)
  • We have the music for the reception sorted. We do need to go over dinner music a bit.
  • We have a color scheme and "theme" and have picked linens for the reception
  • We've asked the people reading during the ceremony
  • We've met with the florist and gotten a quote (but I need to change is slightly)
  • I'm half way done with my shawl for the wedding (and can then start on the bridesmaids' shawls)
  • Booked photographer
  • And very important, we've booked our honeymoon flights and reserved the camper van for our honeymoon in New Zealand!! 25 days away! We are VERY excited about that!
Things that are left to do:
  • Choose song for the soloist
  • Choose processional/recessional music
  • Choose first dance
  • Actually order invitations
  • Knit shawls for bridesmaids
  • Buy jewelry for bridesmaids
  • Choose groomsmen presents
  • Order veil and find other bridal accessories
  • Investigate salon to do hair/makeup on the day
  • Figure out wedding rings
  • Order reception table decorations
There are probably other things but I can't think of them off the top of my head...

1 comment:

Lien said...

Oooh, I loved NZ! We eloped over there, so I guess we technically had our honeymoon there as well. You'll love it.