Thursday, March 06, 2008

Knit Night


On Wednesdays and Thursdays, I go to knitting groups. The Wednesday group is really just three of us sitting in a pub having a chat and knitting. It is quite fun and has helped me feel like I belong somewhere!

Last Thursday, I needed to make a baby hat for a mate's baby. I knew that I could get a baby hat done in one evening so I bought the yarn that night (great thing about having knit nights in a yarn shop), wound it, and started knitting. The ladies commented on how quickly the hat was knitting up and helped me problem solve when I made a mistake with the hat. Yvonne then crocheted a chain for me to use instead of having to knit one or try to find some ribbon to use. On the way home, I continued to knit on the train and then finished up the hat when I got home.

Yesterday, I was out with Aileen and Laura and working on a friend's hat and my dad's socks. At one point, Aileen reached over for Laura's knitting and just started working on it! Aileen had run out of knitting and Laura was eating so she just worked on it. I then jokingly asked if Aileen wanted to do the heel of my dad's sock since it appeared to not be working out and she did! I went to the bathroom and she ripped out the mistakes and within what felt like 5 minutes, she had the heel turned and now I just need to pick up the stitches and work on the foot!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Aileen is a knitting machine, I tell you. I sometimes wonder if she's human, I think she might be a superior being from another planet :)
The hat looks lovely.