Sunday, March 23, 2008

B.F., A.F.

When traveling, I seem to pay more attention to things people say, especially when we are in a non-English speaking country and others are speaking English. People may think the same of us, but I find the things people say very entertaining. On this trip, we saw a lot of younger kids, well by younger, I mean they could be college age. As I get older, it gets harder to guess the age of people.

Anyway, we heard a lot of college students, presumably on spring break. While in Budapest, we happened to over hear a group talking. One of the "kids" asked the other, "What did people do before Facebook?" and then one of the girls asked, "Like, how did you know if a boy liked you?" I smiled at this and thought about how different dating is for the younger generation. They text back and forth before you go on a "real" date. They network on Facebook and Bebo. Maybe people in "my generation" do this as well today but I am so glad that I don't have to figure out the new rules of dating!

No comments: