Saturday, June 03, 2006

Women's World and Ducks

Today I went to the Women's World Show at the RDS because I had to go pick up my number for the Mini-Marathon on Monday. My friend J went with me. It was the smallest convention that I have been to and I really hope that nobody actually pays 10 Euro to go to it. Any participants of the Mini-Marathon and a guest get in free. They had some shopping and free stuff but not that much. A lot of the shopping that they had there looked cheap but with high prices.

After we left, we went shopping around Grafton Street. That was a productive trip even though I need to do more shopping tomorrow. When we got back to my place from shopping, we saw lots of little yellow ducks in the River Liffey. Apparently, there was a plastic duck race with 150,000 ducks in an attempt to be the biggest duck race and break a world record. By the time I got home, people were throwing the ducks from the River to people on the Quays.




1 comment:

Red Mum said...

Great pics from the day Heidi. Hope you don't mind that I posted pics too. I was hoping no one would beat me to post! But I spent too much time in town having fun in the sun...
I've been enjoying your school posts, they can be very poignant indeed. There are so many areas of our education system are lacking funding, particularly in the area you are working in. Some kids have to wait for years to be assessed and nothing is done before that happens.