Thursday, June 15, 2006

Kerry "castle"


While staying in G's holiday home in Glenbeigh, I could see what looked like remains of a castle from the kitchen window. Since I love castles, I thought I would check it out and asked if John's sister MC wanted to come with me. We walked up a road around the castle and saw a caravan park. I am jealous of the views that the residents got.





So, we kept walking up on the road. Some residents told us that the castle was built in the 1800s. The architect didn't weatherproof it correctly so it started to fall apart from the salt water and rain. Oops. The architect supposedly got sued. Now, they are just neat remains.

We finally found a house that had easy access to the castle grounds so we wandered around in it. The land in front of the castle seemed a little like a bog. I am betting that the architect didn't account for that either.





No comments: