Friday, March 03, 2006

Let it Snow!!!

As I have mentioned before, the weather here has been unseasonably cold. In fact, it snowed three times this week! Tuesday it snowed for about 30 minutes over a couple snow falls (stopped then started again). It got heavy at times but none of it accumulated. It snowed during a presentation I was giving and I got distracted by my happiness at seeing it.

It also snowed a bit on Wednesday. Not very much, just flurries wandering around the sky. Still it was snow. Today it also snowed. It was the perfect snow. It was the big snowflakes that fall gently to the ground. They were fluffy and so white. If they actually accumulated, it would be the perfect snowball fight or snowman snow. When I got all excited and mentioned this to my mates, they laughed at me and looked at me like I was crazy, especially since it is March and supposed to be spring.

At first it didn't accumulate at all. While in the office, it started to snow harder and it actually stayed on the ground for over a minute. By the time I left work about 20 minutes later, there was a slight dusting that looked like frost. While on the bus I listened to a Chris Isaak version of "Let it Snow" because I was so excited about it. When I got home 30 minutes after that, it has switched to rain. :( Unfortunately I didn't have John's camera with me this week so I couldn't take any pictures of it.

In related weather news, it also hailed here at least twice in Feb. It has been strange weather lately. I wonder when it will start getting warmer. My mates have told me that frequently it is warm enough to not need a jacket on St. Patty's Day. That is only a fortnight away. That also means that in 2 weeks, John will be home in Dublin for good. Hurray!

No comments: