Friday, March 31, 2006

BYOB

Last night, J phoned me to see if I wanted to go to the Italian place for dinner. I of course was interested. When she got to my place, she decided that the local sounded better. I also agreed with this. So, about 7:00, we headed over to the local. We had our dinner and drank a bit. Since I didn't have to work today (I took the day off because I could), I didn't care how late we stayed out.

So, we had our dinner and were drinking when this group of people came and sat at a table near us. One had some blueish/greenish hard liquor drink, another had Corona, and the third had Heinekin. Two more people joined the group. The ones who were already sitting told the two newcomers that the beer at the Local was horrible and the only good things were in bottles. They said this like bottles were a bad thing. Anyway, they had a house weiss beer and gave one of the newbies a drink as evidence that they had bad beer on tap. The newbies liked this beer and both went to the bar to order and came back with glasses (no bottles). Later in their conversation, one of them said our Local was a manky pub! I guess there really is no accounting for bad taste.

Anyway, later in the evening, I walked by a large group of people sitting in a different area on my way to the toilet. They had bottles inside paper bags! They brought their own bottles into the pub! Earlier, I had seen them eating food there and had also noticed the bottles but they left them there when they left. They BYOBed (bring your own beer/bottle) to a pub!!!!

No comments: