Saturday, February 23, 2008

Planning, planning, planning

A lot of people that I know who got married talk about how stressful wedding planning was and how they're glad that they never have to do it again. So far, I think we have most things planned and I'm still enjoying it. But then, I enjoy planning and hosting events. I like thinking about decor and what coordinates with what. I liked deciding what the menu will be (and trying the food). I have enjoyed choosing a color palette. I enjoyed meeting the pastor and interviewing a couple photographers. I even enjoyed meeting with the florist that we are using. The only thing that has been stressful so far is the bridesmaids' dresses and that was because I was trying to convince them to choose their own dress when they wanted to be told what to wear. I ended up compromising and saying, "choose from these dresses." It seems to have worked well and they have dresses that they say they are comfortable in which was what I wanted.

Anyway, today we completed a major step in wedding planning: we booked our flights for our honeymoon!!!!! We are going to New Zealand for almost four weeks! I am soooooo excited about this since it is somewhere that John and I have wanted to go and really this is probably the only time in our lives that we will go that far away. The journey there (and back) are about 24 hours each! On our way there, we will arrive two days after we started. On the way back, we arrive about an hour after our departure time in New Zealand.

No comments: