Thursday, February 21, 2008

Doh!

The other day, I decided to make pasta and sauce for dinner. I was happily cooking the sauce and added goat's cheese as an experiment (it was tasty). I then decided that I needed to check the pasta shells to see if they were done since the sauce was ready. I used the cooking spoon to pick up a couple noodles. I carefully got the water out of the first noodle, the one I noticed on the spoon. I then tipped the spoon towards my mouth, only to feel boiling water on my lip! I didn't notice the other noodle and burned my lip.

Since my lip hurt A LOT, I made John finish dinner and find something in the freezer that we could use to ice it. All we found were frozen cranberries. I managed to cool my lip a bit but it still hurt. We then ate dinner and I convinced John to go to the store and get ice pops for me to use to ice my lip. They seemed to help and were tasty. :)

The next day, I woke up and my lip felt really tight. I looked in the mirror and there was a blister. I spent the rest of the day at work putting chap stick on my lip to make it better. Unfortunately, I also burned the inside of my lip and it hurt to talk the day after but it is all much better now.

No comments: