Friday, September 07, 2007

I say it's my birthday!

OK, my birthday was last week, but I think I get a week to celebrate. :) It was a lovely birthday as well. We were supposed to be home for it but had to change our plans to accommodate a wedding (and by going home at a different time, I get to see my sister). Anyway, it was a good birthday. John got me lots of presents and was very good to me. He even gave me one early. :) I got not one, but two knitting stitch dictionaries/pattern books (one from John and one from friends), a Vogue knitting "how to" book (from one of John's sisters), a book on stained glass, two Avoca cookbooks from a friend, two necklaces (from John), and kitty earrings from a friend. Oh, I also got a green tea scented candle and a picnic set backpack. The backpack is really cute. It has service for two with a place to store food and keep it cold as well. :)

So for my birthday, John took me to Il Posto for dinner. We hadn't been there before but it was wonderful. Excellent food, good service, and an all around nice place. It is a pretty small place but I quite liked that because it made it cozier.

On Saturday, we went to the Porterhouse with friends. John and I got there early so that we were able to get a table. A good group of people came and we stayed out until about 2.30 AM! I hadn't been out that late in ages. After leaving the Porterhouse, we went to get Indian food at our favorite place. It was tasty as always. On Sunday, I had lunch with a friend who I hadn't seen since May. It was lovely to see her and hear that she is doing well. And she is pregnant so I think I have more knitting to do. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, and I must say I'm really jealous of you, spending time in Berlin. I'd like to go again, too!

Diane said...

Happy birthday, Heidi!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!! sounds like you were treated very well for your birthday.. :-D