Tuesday, September 04, 2007

AHa - Alles Handarbeit




As I mentioned in a previous post, we went to Alt Koepenick based on a recommendation of a fellow knitter. When we got to the area, we looked around, found the yarn shop on Rosenstrasse (which was closed for lunch) and went and had lunch in the Rathskeller and then went back. It was a lovely little shop with a decent selection of yarn. I got some fun yarn to make socks striped in the colors of the German flag. They also had what I is my favorite yarn from the trip. I really wish that I had bought more of the tangerine colored silk/merino blend because it is such a beautiful color and I don't even like orange. I got enough to make a scarf for a friend but when I mentioned it to my mom, she oohed over it so now I think I am going to try to find another yarn to go with it so that I can make two scarves, one for my friend, one for my mom. Or maybe I'll just be a good daughter...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT is very pretty yarn, indeed!

Sarah

Elisa said...

*waves and outs herself as the mentioned fellow knitter*

Hehe, will be there this Friday and know another shop that offers this yarn (I own some in white and darkred myself), if you like I can buy some for you and then send it to you, I have a paypal account. ^_^

Heidirific said...

Thanks for the offer but I have found out that my mom doesn't wear that color anymore. She just really likes it so I will find something else for her...