Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dublin Castle











I've lived here almost two years now. I am finally doing tourist things. This is sooner than in my last city. I never did them there. :) One of the things that I took R and K to see was Dublin Castle. Since I've been on the Malahide Castle tour a couple times now and don't really like it, I thought I would take them to the Dublin Castle in city centre. This tour is much better. It gives more history and they let you take pictures. :) Seriously, though, the castle was K's favorite part of her trip to Ireland. During the tour, they take you down to the medieval part that excavations have uncovered. It is quite interesting to see a part of the old Dublin wall.

Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of Lady Justice because this monument is a bit unique. She faces the palace, not the people. She is also not blindfolded. And in the rain, reportedly the scales are not equal!

Inside, the palace is quite nice, not as ornate as the palace we saw in Munich but nice none the less.

No comments: