Thursday, April 26, 2007

Confidence boost

On Tuesday, I had an important meeting so I decided to dress a little nicer than usual. On Sunday, I went shoe shopping because I don't have any shoes that look good with brown skirts. I went to three stores. I didn't see what I was looking for in the first two. In the third, I found the perfect pair. They were adorable. I asked for them in my size and they fit! Not only did they fit, but they were comfortable. I couldn't believe a pair of pumps could be comfortable but these were. Of course I bought them and then went on to look for a new blouse. I wasn't as lucky there and didn't find what I was looking for (not that I knew what I was looking for).

So, eventually I went home and on Monday I planned my Tuesday outfit. On Tuesday, I got dressed and put on a bit of makeup. It felt nice. I was in a meeting all morning and during a break in the meeting, I talked to a mate on the stairs. While talking about my outfit and new shoes, someone walked by and said that I looked elegant today.

When walking from one bus to another after work, I felt myself walking differently. I stood taller. I felt better. I felt more confidence. At knitting, a fellow knitter oohed over my shoes as well. It is funny how a little change such as a pair of shoes and a skirt can make you feel better, more confident. I may just wear more skirts to work.

1 comment:

laurie said...

you must scan in a picture of the shoes! it's hard to find shoes that look good and are comfortable, too. i'd like to see them.