Thursday, March 15, 2007

Long Weekend!

In honor of St. Patrick's Day on Saturday, Ireland has a public holiday on Monday. That means we don't have to work so we have a much needed 3-day weekend. We will be taking in the festivities of Paddy's Day by watching the parade and spending lots of Saturday in a pub. I haven't decided if I will give myself dispensation from the giving up of alcohol for Lent or not. Everyone has told me that the Pope gives special dispensation for Paddy's day.

This long weekend is much needed. Everyone is stressed out and in desperate need of a holiday. There hasn't been a public holiday since New Years which means many people haven't taken a day off since then. I know that is only 3 months but it is a long 3 months. It is a dark, wet, cold 3-months. In honor of the holiday, I suspect that about 1/2 of my mates will be off tomorrow. Also, the best part of it being the Friday before a bank holiday: no one wants an appointment so I have a whole day to work. We'll see how much I get done since I am hoping to cut out of work a bit early myself. :)

No comments: