Sunday, July 09, 2006

Goodbye J

Today J left Dublin to move back to Boston. She has been my best friend here and the first real friend that I made when I moved over. The last year has been a roller coaster for her so here is a tribute to J's year in Dublin.

My Top 10 memories:
10. J getting so mad that she kicked a tree.
9. J watching my cat and dog for me all the time and spoiling Darshin rotten.
8. The St. Paddy's Day parade.
7. J's stories about her psycho roommate from Hell.
6. Stories of J's adventures of her travels alone around Ireland and Europe (espcially Cork and when she went to the Giant's Causeway).
5. Making dinner together at my place for the three of us and teaching J how to cook.
4. J living with us when she was homeless (twice in the year).
3. Venting about work and understanding each other.
2. J getting CDs from almost every live musician that she heard in a pub.
1. Drinking at the Porterhouse almost every week, sometimes multiple times in a week, and the interesting people that we met at the Porterhouse.

My favorite Porterhouse characters:

+ "Political Boy" The guy who insisted on talking politics to J even though she said she didn't discuss politics with strangers
+ The Germans who came over to avoid Carnival in Germany just before Ash Wednesday
+ The guy who read the paper while we talked and eavesdropped on us
+ The two bartenders who joke around a lot and flirted with J
+ Going with Cot and Ci and having a German guy ask John something in German








Good luck J and come back to visit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great entry, it's terrific to read about all aspects of life in another country - not just the high-gloss good bits, or the temporary bad bits.

(I laughed a little about the tree business, I do the same thing sometimes)

Sounds like everyone had a great time together while in Dublin.
Good luck to your friend.