Tuesday, July 17, 2007

WIPs and FOs


When I started knitting a mere 6 months ago, I told myself that I would have one work in progress (WIP) at a time. I did that for the first project. Well, the first few anyway. This weekend, I had 4 WIPs on my sticks! John teased me about that. I know that is a pretty average number of WIPs for a knitter, but I also kind of like having different projects going.

See, my wrist still hurts a bit even though I went to physio therapy and got some exercises for it. The physio said it was nerve and repetitive strain. So, I have to strengthen my back muscles, relax my neck muscles, and stretch the nerves in my arms/wrist. I am also supposed to "sit better" and "improve my posture." I don't know what that means. Overall the exercises are working wonders. I can knit about an hour a day on larger needles with no problems. It does depend a bit on what I have done at work, but I can knit! Since I am trying to sit well and not strain myself, I decided that working on the wonderful cable scarf/wrap would be a bit much for now (but see how far I've gotten?). Therefore, I have been working on K's poncho and have it about half done, I think. It is nice and relaxing to just knit, knit, knit on the larger needles.

One of my mates is going on maternity leave soon. So, I looked through some patterns on Friday and through my stash and found a little hat to make her. I finished it last night. I am quite happy with it and think it is really cute. I will definitely make it again for other people having babies. I was informed by someone I showed the hat to that it is definitely a boy's hat. Other people have said a girl could wear it also. I think it looks really cute on the doll but if she has a girl, she can certainly embellish it if she wants to.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh, straightening your posture isn't fun, but it's good in the long run. Had to do it myself a few years ago myself. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, the hat is adorable on either a boy or a girl. But, you are right, you could sew a cute little flower on it so that everybody **knows** it is a girl. Looks nice.

S