Tuesday, November 22, 2005

mistaken taxi

So this morning, the taxi that I ordered was 12 minutes late. This made my whole day late since it was on a very tight schedule. So, I was calling the taxi company to try to get them to come pick me up and take me to the train station when this guy pulls up who looks like a taxi driver I have had twice before. He waves at me so I go around to his car, see there is a child seat in the back, and get in the front seat. I tell him that I am sorry that I am late and he looks confused. Well, he wasn't the taxi driver. He was going to the school and wanted to know if that was it. But he offered to take me to the train station and did! Because of his kindness, I made my train and got to where I needed to go on time no less!

John asked how I mistook a normal car for a taxi. That is easy. Taxi's in this town aren't labelled with a little "taxi" sign. They look like normal cars with normal liscence plates. Sometimes they have an extra antenna, sometimes not. Oh, the car the guy drove was also similiar to the one the taxi driver I thought he was drives.

No comments: