Thursday, July 24, 2008

Busy Weekend

It seems like we've been quite busy since we've moved back. If we aren't visiting people/collecting stuff, we seem to be organizing the house. I am really glad that I have Mondays off, too. However, my Mondays seem just as busy. During my commute, I often wonder where my time is going. I just don't know. All I can say, it isn't spent knitting (well, unless it is Tuesday night).

This weekend was no exception. I got a wonderful evening to myself while John went to a barbecue place in the city. On Saturday, we woke up, hung up art on the walls and then went shopping for more house stuff, like picture frames. We also had a pre-marriage counseling session and then went to a party. The party was good since we got to meet new people and see people that we haven't seen in a while. It was strange for us, though, that we left a bit past midnight and more than half the people had already gone home. We then dragged a friend to a "post drinking" breakfast place and finally got home about 2:30 AM. We haven't been out that late since we left Ireland. It was really nice to be out late! (bonus points if you notice what is different about me in the picture)

Sunday morning, we got a phone call at 10:00 AM from my brother asking what we were up to since he was going to a Renaissance Faire and would be about an hour from where we live. We already had lunch plans and I went to a movie with a friend in the afternoon. We then went up to have dinner with him and went shopping afterwards (that will be another post).

On Monday, I had an eye appointment at 10:00 AM and then we met with the caterer in the afternoon and did our weekly produce shopping. This weekend, Aileen is in town (she arrived today) and we should have another fun, busy weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not wearing specs.?

Anonymous said...

Did you get contacts?!

Jealous of the Aileen-ness :-). Give her a squeeze for me.

Heidirific said...

Yup, I finally got contacts! Only one person here noticed and she is a client of mine (very bright and observant one). Most people seem to think that I already had contacts...

Anyway, three cheers for Coastal Aussie and Elana!!!

Yvonne said...

I noticed the lack of eyewear, and I was thinking your hair looks blonder, but that might just be the result of living in a sunnier climate. We has summer this weekend, woohoo!

Anonymous said...

No glasses, and definitely blonder hair!

Heidirific said...

Wow, super observant, Yvonne! I got my hair highlighted shortly after moving back so it is a bit blonder and go this weekend to get it touched up! It is lighter from being in a brighter climate, though, too. :) I like the sun..